Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Party of 2



February 17, 2009...our last day as a "Party of Two"  









A year ago, we were in Taiwan trying to take in as much of the city of Taipei as possible before meeting Cheng-Yu.  The day was cool and breezy with a bit of rain that evening.  We started our day by trying the complimentary breakfast buffet in our hotel, The Golden China Hotel.  We sampled a few things, but ended up at the Starbucks just a block away for breakfast sandwiches. We made a stop at a bank to exchange more money and then took a cab to the Taipei 101 area. 

We had lunch at a McCafe near Taipei 101.  The service was excellent and the food tastes just like our McDonald's.  The city was lively and welcoming.  It was adorned with oxen as the celebration of Chinese New Year had just come to a close.  The year of the OX, 2009 what a wonderful year!  We made pictures of several oxen as we toured the city.  I would have loved to have been there for the celebration.  I think we just missed the Festival of Lanterns.


I can remember us shopping for a small Le Sporte sac for me to use as a diaper bag.  Before we ever got out of the United States, I realized the diaper bag I had taken was NOT going to work. I used it as a carry-on bag and by the time we made it to the Alanta airport, I was ready to abandon it!  I found the perfect little sac.  It was a purplish grey with little hedgehogs on it.  And it did indeed come in handy...a best buy, I must say!


(the heavy diaper bag at airport in Japan)
Since the evening was foggy, we opted to forgo a trip to the top of Taipei 101 in hopes to visit later on during our trip for the possibility of better views.  But, we did enjoy dinner in the food court in Taipei 101.  We also sampled some goodies at a bakery in the food court.
We enjoyed our touring, but a more significant (actually, "once in a lifetime") event to come stayed in the fore fronts of our minds and emotions.

When we finally called it a night, we took a cab back to our hotel to prepare for the moment we had been waiting for.  In the hotel room, I packed my new diaper bag and prepared gifts for the next day.  We made sure our clothes were ready and prepared for a good night's sleep (maybe the last).  How do you sleep at a time like this?  With a little melatonin---that's how!  

No comments:

Post a Comment