Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Tori Bug!!!


Victoria's Birthday Party

As we prepared to go to Victoria's birthday party this year, my mind reflected on her party just one year ago.  In the months leading up to her birthday, I remember Madeline would often ask when Baby Ben would be coming home.  She would say things like, "Do you think he will be here before Christmas?" and "Robin, will he be here for my birthday party?"  Of course we didn't really know exactly when we would get to go to Taiwan, so I would tell her that he might not make it for Tori Bug's party in February, but that he should make it in time for her birthday (which is in April).  At Tori Bug's party last year, Cheng-Yu was definitely there in our hearts, but not in our arms.  As we enjoyed being with our family and celebrating Victoria's birthday, my thoughts were on a little one who was far away.  He was already a member of of family and I couldn't hardly wait to meet him.  The anticipation was was building and little did I know, in two days the news would come and our lives would forever change.  Exactly one week later we were on a plane to Taiwan.  Two Coffmans departed, but three returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment