Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Valentine

I was reading a book to Cheng-Yu today called, A Valentine for Jesus. Standing next to me as I sat on the floor reading about giving your heart to Jesus, he proudly turned the pages as I read. At one point while I was reading, Cheng-Yu just turned his little face toward mine with a big smile.  He leaned in and gave me a sweet little kiss and wrapped his arms around my neck.  Joy exploded in my heart and I felt God's presence and love.  I was once again reminded of the One who sent me this little valentine.


We traveled to Taiwan, our son's birth country, the day after Valentine's Day 2009.  We were united with him just a few days later.  This year on Valentine's Day,  it was very cold and snowing a little bit.  We spent most of the day at home.  Cheng-Yu was sick and napped a lot.  During one of his naps, I watched him as he slept in Scott's arms and it was a beautiful sight.  I slipped outside on the porch to watch the falling snow and I could hear the voice of God in it's whispers.  I felt such peace and my mind wandered back in time to the day we first held Cheng-Yu.  I remember his first nap in my arms.  My heart was full with contentment and all the trying times experienced while waiting for a moment like this vanished so quickly with those sweet sleeping sounds from my son.     



No comments:

Post a Comment