Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home is Where Your Heart is










Well, we have been home for almost 2 weeks now and the suitcases are still not completely unpacked.  I just can't empty those things.  To do so feels like closing the door, turning the page completing a chapter.  It is really strange, but as long as they remain "half-packed" I feel a connection to Taiwan, my son's birth home.  It is really hard to explain, but a little piece of my heart even feels home sick for a country that isn't my home, but the origin of my son's birth.  When we first saw his picture nearly 6 months ago, I feel in love with him and Taiwan.  I needed to feel near him so my heart had to connect with the country so far away.  As I longed to be with him, I actually longed for Taiwan.  So now, Taiwan is really a part of my life and a "home away from home".  I do already miss it and hope to take Benjamin Cheng-Yu back to visit one day.  I don't think I will keep those suitcases packed until then, but for today...I am not ready to close the door.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are home safely. It will be neat to go back to our children's birth countries with them some day. While we wait, we can brush up on the history, culture, etc. I think it will be a fun and growing experience for our whole family!

    Candice (grownbyadoption.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete