Thursday, September 17, 2009

When the Rain Comes











There is a Third Day song called "When the Rain Comes". It says... I can't stop the rain from falling down on you again. I can't stop the rain, but I will hold you 'til it goes away. It is a song that comforted me many times as I longed for what seemed impossible...a child. I would think about how God really could stop the rain, but the rain was required for my "growing season". He used it to change me. And although it seemed to last a long time, I always knew he was holding me in the storm.

The other day, I heard the sounds of a storm coming and I raced outside with Cheng-Yu. Under cover on the porch, we watched the rain. Well, he watched the rain and I watched him...watch the rain. I could hear that Third Day song playing in my head. I rejoiced in God's faithfulness. The song held new meaning as I held my son.

1 comment:

  1. I have rejoiced in the rain with you......and watched you overcome.....I thank God everyday for his blessings for you!!!

    ReplyDelete