Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God Shines Down



As we approach the one year anniversary of "First Sight" (referral) of Cheng-Yu, I am reminded of God's goodness, guidance & provision.  In the Spring of 2008, I felt this sense of urgency to find an agency that offered an international adoption program that didn't have a 2 or 3 year waiting period.  We had been on the list to adopt from Vietnam, but the doors were about to close on that program for awhile.  I believe God gave me that sense of urgency becasue our baby was on the way.  I spent my entire spring break researching agencies on the internet and talking with them on the phone.  I must have spent hours and hours searching, deliberating & praying.  I think I drove Scott crazy talking about all the options.  Just when I felt like I was running into another dead end, I started reading about the Taiwan program offered by Journeys of the Heart.  I felt a little apprehensive because our dealings with this agency would be strickly via phone and email becasue their offices were on the west coast.  I wasn't a hundred percent sure, but felt a little twinge of hope in my gut.  We applied to the program in May 2008, just 3 months prior to Cheng-Yu's birth.  Funny how I scrambled around in uncertainty while God had it all planned out.  God's provision.  I find myself amazed and ever so thankful for both answered and UNANSWERED prayers!  I am also thankful for the deep valleys that led us to Cheng-Yu.   

No comments:

Post a Comment