Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reflection in the Mirror




Our referral picture and "update photos" of Ben Cheng-Yu still hang on the mirrors in our house, but I don't look at them as much these days because I can look at the "real deal" now.  Although, sometimes it is really hard to believe he is here.  As I rocked him tonight, I could hear him breathe and feel that sweet fuzzy hair on my cheek and  I wept.  As the tears rolled down my face, I said another prayer of thanks for this incredible gift.  I rocked him for the longest time after he fell asleep.  When I finally rose to take him to bed, I walked over to the glass door just so I could see our reflection...he is really here.  I then walked into the bathroom to look in the mirror and see him in my arms.  This time, I am not just looking at a picture of him and a reflection of me in the mirror...he is really here and in my arms.    

No comments:

Post a Comment