Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home at last


What an amazing Journey it has been and I know it has really only just begun!  My heart is so overwhelmed with joy that I didn't realize I could have.  On December 10, 2008 Cheng-Yu was only 4 months old and living in Taiwan.  I was at a writing workshop for professional development and when asked to write a poem, I composed the following;

I Am Already His Mother
I am finding it hard to wait, but I am already his mother.
I wonder what a little baby named Cheng-Yu sounds like when he cries.
I hear an unfamiliar language that I do not understand.
I see the streets of Taiwan and see his face among the crowd.
I want to hold him in my arms and see God's promise revealed.
I am finding it hard to wait, but I am already his mother.
I pretend that I am rocking a baby boy to sleep.
I feel an overwhelming love for a country to which I have never traveled.
I touch a soft blue pillow monogrammed with the name Ben.
I worry that my child will not bond with me.
I cry when I think about the choice his birthmother had to make.
I am finding it hard to wait, but I am already his mother.
I understand that God is in control.
I say that God's timing is perfect even though it is hard to wait.
I dream about the first time I meet my baby boy in Taiwan and hold him in my arms.
I try to wait with grace and patience.
I hope I make him happy.
I am finding it hard to wait, but I am already his mother.

On Wednesday, February 18 I no longer had to wait!   

Robin

Proverbs 3:5 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart.


 

3 comments:

  1. It is amazing the journeys we travel through in life. It never amazes me how God is already there cutting the path for us and when the path is revealed how amazingly peaceful the path seems. You just know that you know that you know this is what God wants for your life. I believe He has shown this to you and Scott through this adoption of Ben. You knew back in December and before then that you were going to be his mother. Although there were dates that had to be passed by, it was just a matter of time before you got to hold your little boy. You KNEW you were already his mother. I am so excited for you guys and the many happy times you will have raising this boy to be a godly man.

    On a lighter note, would you in your pre-son life gotten up by 7:58 a.m. on a non-work day?

    We love you. Karen, Lainey and Lila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Who would have ever thought when we met in the fall 07 that we would both be traveling across the world to different countries to adopt our little boys on the same week in 09! What a wonderful poem. I could plug in Micah's name and India and it would express my feelings also! So glad that you are home safely with Ben. Isn't God good?! I would love to get together sometime for lunch!

    Candice (grownbyadoption.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy! Joy! Joy!
    Ben is beautiful! I am so happy for your family! I cannot wait to meet him!
    Love to all,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete